Here is a look at what happened over the weekend on the Sunlight network.
- Daniel Schuman explored charges that the recently passed financial regulation law exempts the Securities and Exchange Commission from disclosure requirements. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- A lobbyist reporting bill passed by the House would change who prosecutes lobbyists for failing to disclose their activities. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Check out a timeline of federal efforts to improve government transparency. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- A House subcommittee investigating Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) recommended to the House Ethics Committee that the congressman be reprimanded instead of censured or expelled. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Sarah Dorsey looked at money earmarked for highways in Alabama that was never spent. (Sunlight Foundation Reporting Group)