Here is a look at what happened yesterday on the Sunlight network.
- Just six of the twenty self-funding candidates this campaign cycle have won their party’s primary. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal looked at the electoral consequences, or lack thereof, faced by lawmakers charged with ethics violations such as Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY). (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- A measure ending the practice of secret holds in the Senate could be added to the defense authorization bill. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- The Sunlight Foundation will be hosting an open government hackathon at RubyConf in New Orleans from November 11 to 13. (Sunlight Labs)
- The nonprofit group SpeechNow.org has registered itself with the Federal Elections Commission as an independent expenditure-only committee. (Sunlight Foundation Reporting Group)
- Take a look at the previous days transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (The Open House Project)