Here is Wednesdays look at transparency-related news items, todays congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency-related events.
- Citizens United/DISCLOSE Act news:
- The group Tea Party Patriots received an undisclosed donation of $1 million. (Politico)
- Pro-Republican third party groups are significantly outspending their Democratic counterparts on advertising this year. (Politico)
- The election night reception for the National Republican Senatorial Committee and the National Republican Congressional Committee will be hosted by a lobbying firm. (Politico)
- Open Secrets compared the fundraising and influence of the conservative Koch brothers and the liberal George Soros. (Open Secrets)
- OpenTheGovernment.org is soliciting help in evaluating the Open Government Plans of federal agencies. (Evaluating Open Gov)
- The National Archives has launched DocsTeach.org, a new website featuring online versions 3,000 historic documents, photos and videos. (Federal Computer Week)
Relevant committee hearings scheduled for 9/22:
- Examining the Filibuster: Legislative Proposals to Change Senate Procedures, Senate Committee on Rules and Administration, Wednesday, 9/22, 10:00 am, 301-Russell.
Relevant bills introduced:
Transparency events scheduled for 9/22: