Here is a look at what happened recently on the Sunlight network.
- Paul Blumenthal criticized Ed Gillespie, former Republican National Committee chair, on his criticisms of campaign finance transparency under the guise of the First Amendment. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal also noted the perks of Capitol Hill paramours, asking whether or not lawmakers should be asked to disclose their extramarital affairs in lieu of the special treatment they receive. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal also mused on the role of politics in the ethics process, noting the need to increase the independence of ethics oversight. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Jim Morris commented on the need for more transparency for the offshore energy agency Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE). (Sunlight Reporting Group)
- Keenan Steiner reported on Missouri Congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson (R-MO) and her personal appeal to donors for campaign donations. (Party Time Blog)
- Keenan Steiner also reported on a fundraiser for Congresswoman Jackie Speier (D-CA) that uses candy battles as an attraction for donors. (Party Time Blog)
- Take a look at the previous days transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (The Open House Project)