Here is a look at what happened yesterday ontheSunlightnetwork.
- Paul Blumenthal reported on Mary Schapiro, the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) chairwoman who received nearly $9 million in compensation and retirement benefits from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) when she left to head the government regulator. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Bill Allison included another roundup of daily disclosures, highlighting American Crossroads, new 527 filings, Bruce Rastetter (CEO of Hawkeye Energy Holdings), and a new politiwidget. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal also commented on the New York Times Op-ED by Frank Rich excoriating the internet for failing to deliver idealized digital democracy, noting the fact that because the Internet is run by humans, it is inherently human, with all the inherent flaws. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Nancy Watzman reported on life in the swing state of Colorado, noting the campaign ads aired during her morning television. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Ryan Sibley reported on the September unemployment numbers, noting the fact that the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ way of dealing with new or failed businesses that would affect the jobless rate but not in a necessarily timely manner. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Daniel Schuman suggested different ways to fix Congress’ personal financial disclosures. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Take a look at the previousdays transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introducedinCongress, and transparency related events. (The Open House Project)