Here is Wednesday’s look at transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency-related events.
- The outlook for campaign finance reform is bleak. (Politico)($)
- Minority Whip Cantor is calling for a moratorium on all earmarks in the House. (Politico)($)
- Political momentum, notCitizens United, is the driving force behind the influx of Republican third-party money. (National Journal)($)
- A shareholder of the News Corporation has formally objected to the company’s choices for political donations. (New York Times)
- Business groups are coming to the rescue of at-risk Democrats. (The Hill)
- Republican groups have launched a massiveadvertisingblitz in competitive races. (Wall Street Journal)($)
- The Department of Interior’s ethics problems have spilled into the Bureau of Land Management. (POGO)
Relevant committee hearings scheduled for 10/13:
Relevant bills introduced:
Transparency events scheduled for 10/13:
- Obamas Management Agenda, Government Executive, 10/13, 7:30am 9:30am, National Press Club, 529 14th Street NW, 13th Floor Ballroom.
- Policy Perspectives 2010, Cato Institute, 10/13, 10:30am 2:00pm, The Ritz Carlton Dallas, 2121 McKinney Avenue, Dallas TX.
- World Rule: Accountability, Legitimacy, and the Design of Global Governance, New America Foundation, 10/13, 6:00pm-8:00pm, Arizona State University Washington Center, 1834 Connecticut Avenue NW.