Here is Friday’s look at transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency-related events.
- Corporation, union, and trade PACs are still giving more to Democratic candidates. (Roll Call)($)
- GOP leadershipdispelsrumors of changing the leadership structure of the Republican Conference. (Roll Call)($)
- Minority Leader Boehner opens up about his agenda if he is elected Speaker of the House. (National Journal)($)
- House Republicans are already considering amending the congressional calendar. (Politico)
- With current GOP Conference Chairman Mike Pence potentially stepping down to run for higher office, Representative Jeb Hensarling is eyeing the job. (Roll Call)($)
- With Majority Leader Harry Reid at risk of losing his seat, Senator Chuck Schumer is positioning himself for the top Democratic leadership slot. (New York Times)
- A report by Senate government affairs subcommittee GOP finds $1 billion in government checks were sent to deceased recipients over a decade. (Politico)(Washington Post)
Relevant committee hearings scheduled for 10/29:
Relevant bills introduced:
Transparency events scheduled for 10/29 (and 10/30):
- Operation TransBEARency, Sunlight Foundation, 10/30, 12:00pm – 3:00pm, Rally for Sanity on the National Mall.