Here is a look at what happened yesterday ontheSunlightnetwork.
- Paul Blumenthal outlined Rep. Jeb Hensarling’s contribution history and how it helped him become the Republican conference chairman for the 112th Congress. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal also commented on the future of earmark lobbying amongst the Senate Democratic caucus. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal also explained the background of the one charge for which Rep. Charlie Rangel was acquitted, a charge that alleged Rep. Rangel of corruption for personal gain. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Daniel Schuman addressed the difficulty of tracking earmarks, commenting that if it takes 90 seconds for a volunteer to input an earmark into a database, that’s 38 days of non-stop data entry for the 37,000 earmark requests for this past year. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Tom Lee researched the background of a loan to a ice creamery in Santa Cruz via the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act that was the subject of a recent video by the Obama Administration. (Sunlight Labs Blog)
- Eric Mill described the Congress app for Android, recapping its past and shedding some light on its future. (Sunlight Labs Blog)
- Take a look at the previousdays transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introducedinCongress, and transparency related events. (The Open House Project)