Here is a look at what happened yesterday on the Sunlight network.
- Paul Blumenthal began the day with several transparency headlines including how the shifting budget landscape is leading to changes in the types of hires sought on K Street, reports that aircraft companies are clashing in lobbying battles, and more. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Ellen Miller blogged on how companies are moving toward disclosure, but noting what more can be done in the wake of Citizens United to improve disclosure laws. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Nancy Watzman reported that the toy industry is pushing to weaken the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), in part by defunding a new database that would allow consumers to go online and report an incident with a product they think is unsafe. (Sunlight Reporting Group)
- Keenan Steiner noted that former Rep. Allen Boyd’s new job at the Twenty First Century Group has been host to several fundraisers for him. (Party Time Blog)
- Tom Lee announced two openings in Sunlight Labs, both developer positions with one specializing on the Subsidyscope project and the other for a jack/jill-of-all-trades. (Sunlight Labs Blog)
- Take a look at the previous day’s transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (The Open House Project)