A week from today, the Advisory Committee on Transparency will host a panel discussion on lobbying reform, entitled “Washington’s Lobbying Fix”, on 2pm in room 2203 of the Rayburn House Office Building. Our panel of lobbyists, experts, and journalists will discuss the current state of lobbying disclosure, evaluate the need for lobbying reform, and consider proposals for real-time lobbying disclosure.
- Dan Eggen, staff writer – The Washington Post
- Shelia Krumholz, Executive Director – Center for Responsive Politics
- Lisa Rosenberg, Government Affairs Consultant – Sunlight Foundation
- Paul Miller, Chairman/CEO – Miller/Wenhold Capitol Strategies, LLC; past-President – The American League of Lobbyists
- Tom Susman, Director of Government Affairs – American Bar Association
- Moderator: Daniel Schuman, Policy Counsel – Sunlight Foundation; Director – Advisory Committee on Transparency
The discussion is open to the public. Please RSVP to ACT(at)SunlightFoundation.com. More information about the Advisory Committee on Transparency is available at http://transparencycaucus.org/. Background materials for the event are available here.
Please note that we are pleased to welcome Paul Miller to the conversation. Judging by the amount of attention this event has already received, it should be an interesting and lively conversation.