Here is a look at what happened yesterday on the Sunlight network.
- Paul Blumenthal began the day with several transparency related headlines including news on the green-energy lobby, news that Clark County Commission member Rory Reid was using transparency as a ruse to accept a $750,000 contribution from a single political action committee, and more. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- John Wonderlich questioned where President Obama is on former President Bush’s earmark transparency Executive Order, Executive Order 13457. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Daniel Schuman detailed a Duke behavioral economics experiment that concluded that “many honest people will cheat”, noting how this affects politicians and their ethics. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Daniel Schuman sent out a reminder for the Advisory Committee on Transparency panel discussion on lobbying reform entitled “Washington’s Lobbying Fix” on March 14th at 2pm in room 2203 of the Rayburn House Office Building. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal highlighted Roll Call’s reporting on the reestablishment of the Blue Dog Caucus. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal elaborated on the earlier statement that there is no earmark moratorium, highlighting Politico’s reporting in Senators finding a work around for approving earmarks. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Take a look at the previous day’s transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (Transparency Caucus Blog)