Here is a look at what happened yesterday on the Sunlight network.
- Paul Blumenthal began the day with several transparency related headlines including news that the Supreme Court eliminated a Freedom of Information Act exemption, reports that Congressman James Lankford (R-Okla.) invited donors to testify at a congressional hearing, and more. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal raised his concern with the revolving door of lawyers who work on a particular issue then return to represent clients in a strictly legal, non-lobbying, fashion afterwords. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Keenan Steiner reported on the lobbying campaign for Ira Rennert’s Renco Group regarding pollution in Peru. (Sunlight Reporting Group)
- Keenan Steiner noted that while the lobbying campaign for Renco Group continues, Doe Run Peru, a subsidiary of Renco and the subject of the lobbying campaign, remains idle. (Sunlight Reporting Group)
- Kaitlin Lee questioned the data quality of USASpending.gov from April 2010 and December 2010. (Sunlight Labs Blog)
- Take a look at the previous day’s transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (Transparency Caucus Blog)