Here is a look at what happened yesterday on the Sunlight network.
- Paul Blumenthal began the day with several transparency related headlines including news on the revolving door for the Justice Department and the Obama administration as well as news that chiefs of staff to House Democratic leaders are a main attraction for an “after party” fundraiser for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Daniel Schuman blogged on the recent Advisory Committee on Transparency event and included links to many resources discussed at the panel. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal reported on the first contributions made by Koch Industries’ political action committee for the 2012 election cycle. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Joshua Hatch announced the Sunlight Live coverage of the Committee on Natural Resources hearing on gas prices and U.S. jobs. (Sunlight Reporting Group)
- Nancy Watzman examined how big business is seeking an exemption from the derivatives regulations mandated by the Dodd-Frank financial law. (Sunlight Reporting Group)
- Keenan Steiner detailed the upcoming fundraisers around March Madness. (Party Time Blog)
- Take a look at the previous day’s transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (Transparency Caucus Blog)