Here is a look at what happened yesterday on the Sunlight network.
- Paul Blumenthal began the day with several transparency related headlines including news that despite his statements during a 2007 interview, President Obama has done little to change the closeness of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to industry, details of the fundraising by Congressman Mike Pompeo by Koch Industries, and more. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal reported on the campaign expenses of Koch Industries for the 2010 election cycle. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Anupama Narayanswamy reported that in 2010, members, committees, and other offices of the U.S. House of Representatives spent more than $1.36 billion on salaries, benefits, office equipment, travel, consultants, and other expenses. (Sunlight Reporting Group)
- James Turk announced that Sunlight Labs has been accepted as a mentoring application for the Google Summer Code of 2011. (Sunlight Labs Blog)
- Take a look at the previous day’s transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (Transparency Caucus Blog)