Here is a look at what happened yesterday on the Sunlight network.
- Paul Blumenthal began the day with several transparency related headlines including news that the Supreme Court will begin hearing arguments in McComish v. Bennett, a case that will decide the fate of Arizona’s “clean election” laws, the lobbyists behind Apple, and more. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Ellen Miller looked at California’s transparency history, noting the city of Bell as an example of the scandals the state faces. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Lindsay Young looked at the relationship between the surge in federal lobbyist registrations and the labor issues in the mid-west. (Sunlight Reporting Group)
- Ryan Sibley looked at how lobbyists are creating Super PACs, highlighting the Freedom Path Action Network, a Super PAC created by registered lobbyist and former Chief of Staff to Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.). (Sunlight Reporting Group)
- Take a look at the previous day’s transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)