Here is a look at what happened yesterday on the Sunlight network.
- Paul Blumenthal began the day with several transparency related headlines including news that the former lobbyists turned U.S. District Court Judge Beryl Howell sided with her former boss regarding copyright settlements, reports that House Natural Resources Committee chairman and his staff want to keep the details of three offshore drilling measures off-limits, and more. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal looked at a possible topic of President Obama’s speech on energy policy, a start-up company with plans to develop an all-electric sedan. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Paul Blumenthal reported that tech companies are leading a lobbying push for a tax holiday. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Jeremy Carbaugh celebrated Document Freedom Day by noting the ways that documents can be released to the public in a way that everyone can access. (Sunlight Labs Blog)
- Lindsay Young reported that despite the earmark moratorium, Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.) and his staff met with executives from a cyber security company that requested an earmark to explain their appropriations process. (Sunlight Reporting Blog)
- Take a look at the previous day’s transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)