Here is a look at what happened recently on the Sunlight network.
- Paul Blumenthal began the day with several transparency related headlines including why Data.gov should be saved from the budget ax, news of the nuclear lobbying revolving door, and more. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Daniel Schuman postponed the Advisory Committee on Transparency panel on the “Future of CRS” in preparation for a government shutdown. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- John Wonderlich questioned the appropriateness of the secrecy of the budget negotiations around the shutdown. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Scott Stadum highlighted Broadcastr, a social media platform for location-based stories, as his Tool for Transparency. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- John Wonderlich asked four questioned on the new budget deal, asking about negotiators, the future of e-government, and whether or not this can be done better. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)
- Patrick Simmons looked at the upcoming fundraisers planned despite the threat of a government shutdown. (Party Time Blog)
- Take a look at the previous day’s transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency related events. (Sunlight Foundation Blog)