The Congressional Transparency Caucus announced it will hold a briefing on Friday, June 7th, at 2 p.m., in the Capitol Building, room HC-8 to discuss tools that make legislation information more readily available.
This briefing will include discussion, tech demos, and the opportunity to ask questions from panelists that have created these tools.
These websites make it easier for Congressional staff to track bills, find Inspector General reports, monitor floor activity, compare voting records, watch the courts, understand policy issues, and more.
The list of confirmed panelists are below. More are expected.
- Michael Horowitz, Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General, Oversight.gov
- Steve Dwyer, Office of House Majority Leader, Dome Watch
- Daniel Schuman, Demand Progress, EveryCRSReport
- Ben Hammer, GovTrack
- Marci Harris, PopVox
- Derek Willis, Pro Publica, Represent
- Steve Schultze, Court Listener, RECAP
- Andrew Weber, Library of Congress, Congress.gov
- Sheila Krumholz, Center for Responsive Politics, Open Secrets
- Veneice Smith, Clerk of the House, Clerk Website Clipping
We will share more information, including the location and additional panelists, when it becomes available.